Construction Site Manager for Regional Building Contractor working on a £35m Apartment scheme in Manchester.
Long Term Employment Opportunity
Due to increased workload and the project heading into its busiest phase the project team is seeking an experienced site manager with specific facade / cladding experience to join the team. You will have line management responsibility for safety, quality, cost control and delivery to programme and to the client’s satisfaction.
Experience of cladding and external frame experience would be an advantage but also a level of experience of external works for the next project as an all round site manager is required.
It is a great project that is ahead of programme with a great team of guys already there. The company is growing and there is an opportunity to finish this project and then move to the next, this will be in the Manchester area too.
Reporting to the Project Manager, your main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that highest possible safety standards are maintained at all times and that the appropriate safety culture is developed on site with the site team and sub-contractors.
- Managing and ensuring competency of individuals to carry out delegated duties.
- Managing and coordinating all site activities.
- Establishing and monitoring key stage programmes.
- Providing all necessary progress reports for internal and external reporting functions.
- Controlling all aspects of interface with general public and external authorities.
- Managing the design process and ensure all necessary approvals are in place to allow project to progress without risk.
- Identifying and managing third party involvement.
- Closing out all issues raised by safety, quality and environmental reports and audits.
- Ensuring all necessary method statements and risk assessments are appropriate and in place in advance of the works and that all work is carried out strictly in accordance with these documents.
- Being hands on when the role or project circumstances dictate, carrying out site works as necessary.
- Working on own initiative.
- Ensuring that all work carried out is robust and completed to the highest standard at all times.
- Good knowledge of construction processes and standards.